Want to become part of an AWESOME team? Check out our exciting Career Opportunities at Integra!
That’s our philosophy here at Integra Electrical.
Each of us is valued for what he or she brings to the team. None of us is a super star by himself. When each one of us works together at what he’s good at, we make one AWESOME team that can accomplish BIGGER things together than we each could accomplish by ourselves.
We are completely against anonymity! This means that each of us is known by name, not by a number. Management appreciates each of us for our unique qualities. We’re known and understood as human beings instead of machines.
We’re looking for Iowa class A or B or residential licensed electricians (will consider 3rd year apprentices ) to help us make a difference in people’s lives by making them safer in their homes and businesses.
Excellent pay and benefits.
Call or text 515-720-6932 to apply or fill out the application below and we’ll be in touch soon!
You’re looking for a job for a reason…
- You’re tired of where you’re working?
- Maybe you don’t feel like you’re getting paid what you deserve?
- Maybe you don’t like your boss and don’t feel like he/she supports you?
- Maybe you just don’t like your company—and you know there’s something better?
The bottom line is: You’re tired. You need a change.
And we can help you at Integra Electrical.
You simply need to be highly motivated; love to be part of a team, but works well individually; welcome learning new things; enjoy interacting with people; and be ready for a new challenge every single day… If you meet these requirements, I want to talk to YOU! And I ask that you apply!
What’s in it for you? Excellent question! You want to work for us because I can promise you a new career that you’ll love filled with:
- Great money! ($60,000 to $80,000 in your first year. Up to $100,000.)
- Great benefits! (full health, dental, and 401K)
- Great opportunity! (We’re busy year-round! No sitting at home and worrying!)
- Growth potential! (We grow every year, which means we’re looking for future managers!)
- Continual training & education!
- And most importantly: PERSONAL SATISFACTION DOING A JOB YOU WILL LOVE!!!
You want to work for a business that believes and supports YOU!!! In fact, we operate this company using the “TRIPLE WIN” model…
3 Reasons You’ll LOVE Working for Us…
- Our employees must win! We realize that the only way to have happy customers is to have a happy team of people serving them! We do everything imaginable to support our people, lift them up to make them better, and ensure that they’re successful. And for doing a great job, they receive tremendous financial rewards—as well as incredible career satisfaction. This is a workplace you’ll enjoy being a part of.
- Our customers must win! We do everything imaginable to ensure that our customers are 100% satisfied and absolutely love our services. If they don’t, we do whatever is necessary to make them wildly happy they did business with us—so much so that they insist on telling their friends and family!
- Our company must win! We believe if we’ve done absolutely everything possible to make sure our customers win and our employees win, we will naturally win. And we must win—and be financially successful—to help more customers and provide more opportunity for our employees and their families.
- MUST be able to pass regular drug testing; be open to background checks; and have a valid driver’s license and a relatively clean driving record
- MUST be willing to work afterhours and occasional weekends and holidays
- MUST have excellent customer service skills
- Basic mechanical aptitude, and ability to perform regular manual labor
- Basic computer skills
- Be able to learn by observation and hands-on experience
- Follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Have effective communication skills with coworkers, management, and customers
- Be open to learning new things and applying them quickly
- MUST be willing to relocate to the Des Moines, Iowa area
Now, if that’s the type of company that you’d like to work for—and I hope it is—please, please, please apply. I would love a chance to talk with you—and get to know you better. Let’s make sure we’re an ideal fit for each other.
Thanks for taking time to read our post.
Fill out the form above and we’ll contact you soon!
We don’t just work, we play too!
Iowa has reciprocal licensing agreements with some states. This means that if you’re from one of these states, you won’t have to go through the headache of proving education and qualification in order to apply for your Iowa license.
Electrician jobs are easy to find in Iowa, especially if you are from a reciprocating state. The applicant must have passed a State-sponsored examination with a score of 75% or greater, held the qualifying license for 1 year which cannot have been expired, suspended, or revoked; cannot have taken the Iowa exam and failed it; and must meet additional Iowa licensure requirements in order for the license to qualify for reciprocation.
If you are transferring from a non reciprocating state, you’ll need to call the Iowa Electrical Examining Board directly at (515) 725-6147 or visit in person. I’d recommend going to the office and meeting them in person so you can get an exact answer as to what documents you need to provide in order to have your application for licensing approved. Plan to take proof of an apprenticeship or technical training and proof of on the job training hours (OJT). There’s nothing more frustrating than thinking you have everything in order only to have your application rejected because you forgot some piece of information. The address is….
State Fire Marshal’s Office
Electrical Examining Board
215 E. 7th Street
Des Moines, IA 50319
If you are a new to the area or the electrical industry, the Iowa Department of Public Safety has some good information on what it will take for you to get an electrical license here in Iowa.
This is the place to be if you’re looking for an electrical job!
Currently we have electrician job openings for individuals with a Class A or B Journeyman Electrician Iowa license or a Residential Electrician Iowa License. The following descriptions are taken from the IDPS website.
Chapter 103 of the Iowa Code defines a Residential Electrician as “a person having the necessary qualifications, training, experience, and technical knowledge to perform a residential installation”.
The Residential Electrician license is issued to qualified electricians who wire dwelling units. Residential electrical work is defined in Administrative Rules Chapter 551 as “electrical work in a residence in which there are no more than four living units within the same building and includes work to connect and work within accessory structures, which are structures no greater than 3,000 square feet in floor area, not more than two stories in height, the use of which is incidental to the use of the dwelling unit or units, and is located on the same lot as the dwelling unit or units”. Exams are required for this type of licensure.
Chapter 103 of the Iowa Code defines a Journeyman Electrician as “a person having the necessary qualifications, training, experience, and technical knowledge to wire for or install electrical wiring, apparatus, and equipment and to supervise apprentice electricians and who is licensed by the board.”
The Journeyman Electrician has the experience and ability to perform the various stages of the electrical project, from the underground utilities to the finished product. They may supervise apprentices and unclassified throughout the project, and during the on-the-job training of most electrical apprentices.